Thursday 3 March 2011

Chocolate nuts and cherry clusters

Posted by Unknown at 14:56
Chocolate Nuts and Cherry Clusters

How much should you put out there? Mrs NMFS made me consider that question after she found out that I shared the 'peaches' moment! I think I will keep sharing as it is so much more rewarding that way. I just think of my joy at my first comments coming from a blogger who I respect so much, Not Quite Nigella. Her choice of name is genius.

Anywho, I am putting together a feast of recipes hopefully for tomorrow but wanted to give this quick and easy recipe for chocolate clusters which I tentatively claim to be sugar-free on the basis that it uses 72% chocolate and no added sugar.


Ingredients:



200g dark chocolate (at least 70%)
175g nuts of your choice
50g sour cherries

Method:

Preheat the oven to 200C. Place the nuts on a baking tray and roast in the oven.



In the meantime melt the dark chocolate in a bowl being careful not to heat for too long for fear of burning the chocolate. Leave the melted chocolate to cool.


Chop the sour cherries and the roasted nuts. Add both to the melted chocolate. Cut out a piece of baking paper to cover the baking sheet. Take a cookie cutter and place on the baking paper and sheet and spoon 1-2 tablespoons of the mixture inside. Carefully remove the cutter and repeat with the rest of the mixture.


Once you have used up all of the mixture, leave to set for about 45 minutes. Carefully remove and enjoy with coffee.

Do you have any recipes that only use 3 ingredients?

1 comments:

Not Quite Nigella on 4 March 2011 at 00:00 said...

Aww thankyou so much! Hehe I tend to overshare I do admit. I think sometimes Mr NQN just shakes his head and wonders what people think of him! :P

These looks scrumptious and this is a true 3 ingredient star recipe! :)

Post a Comment

We welcome any comments and feedback so please write away!

 

No More Fruit Salad! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos